Whales, Whales, Whales

A few weeks ago, I draw out a set of 6 whales to make as shell art ornaments.  The first one sold almost immediately, but I got busy making some of my St. Patrick's Day items and didn't get a chance to finish the rest until now.
So now that I have four of the remaining five designs finished, I thought I would share them with you.  I'm gradually introducing them in my shop.  As I release them, you can find them (and more photos and details on each design) at shellart.aegeandrawn.com


 

In addition to using different poses, I tried a few different styles and techniques with each ornament.  I used different colors, for example.  Some have more of the deep black color of the mussel shells, providing more contrast.  On others, I used the interior of the shells to give the whales more of a surreal iridescent blue color.

Leave a comment and let me know which is your favorite.  :-)



  


Becca