Crochet collar / tshirt upcycle




I had an old t-shirt laying around, and rather than throw it out, I decided to experiment with crocheting a yoke/color/whatever you want to call it.  I had seen a lot of people recommend this but I had never done it myself.  To be honest the results came out so - so.  Despite using a small hook I think it came out too bug, but I will give it another try in the future.






So without further adieu, here was my inspiration.  I didn't want the fringe, just the top collar portion, but theirs turned out so much better than mine. :-p


And here is what I did to make my version:


Supplies:
light weight/fingering/sock weight yarn
size 3.5mm hook




Pattern:
  1. ch 120
  2. dc 120
  3. ch 6, sc into 5th dc, repeat all the way around
  4. dc5 in each ch 6, ch 3 in between each dc5 cluster
  5. ch 7 into the middle of each dc5 cluster
  6. dc3 ch 2 dc3 in each ch7 sp
  7. d3c ch3 dc3 in each ch2sp, ch2, sc1 between the dc3 groups, ch3 repeat
  8. ch 9, sc into middle of ch3sp (optional - attach beads on points)
  9. ch 9 sc into ch9sp
  10. repeat prev row
  11. dc6 in each ch 9, 1 in each sc
  12. Worked on front only: ch 5, skip 2 stitches, sc in 3rd, ch 5, skip 3st, sc in 4th.  Make the desired length to cover the front of your top.  For the last stitch, ch2 DC, turn.
  13. ch5 sc in ch5 sp, for the last stitch, ch2, dc1
  14. repeat prev row
  15. dc3 in each ch 5sp and dc1 in each sc
  16. repeat steps 12-15 on the back side
  17. sew to attach
Here are a few more photos of the end result:

 



Becca