How to Create Your Own Etsy Banner for Free in Canva

One of the most common questions I've seen asked recently is "do you know someone who can make me a new banner for my Etsy shop?"

And my answer: yes - YOU can!  :-)

I know, I know, you're busy, and even if you had the time, you don't like this computery stuff.

But....

If you're going to be running your own shop, there's really no better time to learn.  Learning to make your own images not only saves you money, it gives you more flexibility.  Say 2 weeks after you create your new banner you want to make an image to put on your Facebook page.  How will you do it?  Or maybe 2 months from now you want to create a watermark from your logo.  But if you didn't make it how will you know the exact color or lettering to use?  You aren't going to want to hire someone all over again every time you want a change or new image added right?

So here is a quick video tutorial I did on how to use a free online program called Canva to design an Etsy shop banner.  I should note that they do have some paid options and features, but all in all it's a very flexible and easy to use site (and no I'm not affiliated with them, I just like their product).  :-)


I hope this helps, and if you have any questions, please feel free to comment here or on my YouTube channel.

Becca