Floral Shell Art Pendents

A few weeks ago, while walking my dog along the seaside, I stumbled across a bunch of broken pieces of beautiful purple seashells.

At the time, I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but their color was so vibrant and unique that I decided to collect them anyway.

Las week, I tried my hand at making a few pendants from some of the fragments.

To give you an idea about what the process entails, the larger pieces of shells (which I have already cleaned) have to first be broken down into smaller, workable chunks, as shown in the photo below.


After that, I find small pieces that have a similar size, shape, and colorway.  I adhere them to a felt packing and attach beads and a piece to allow the pendant to hang flat when put on a chain.

  

So far I've been really happy with the results, but doing all of the breaking manually is really difficult.  I'd also like to be able to sand and polish these better.  So I confess, I ordered a fairly large dremel kit on Friday.  It should be arriving any day - I can't wait!

 

  



Becca